Veda Pant in Indigo
The Veda front pleated pant has a regular rise and a relaxed fit with a slightly tapered leg. Finished with Kantha stitching along the waistband and pockets.
MATERIALS + PROCESS
Handwoven on a pedal loom, this fabric, called kala cotton, is woven on a pedal loom in Kutch. Kala is a short staple and indigenous cotton native to Kutch. Ours features a twill weave and has been dyed using natural dyes. This fabric keeps the wearer warm in the winter months and is breathable in warmer temps. Our naturally dyed fabric is yarn dyed using Revad Chini, a medicinal root commonly used in traditional ayurvedic medicine.
- 100% Handwoven cotton
- Sustainably dyed using natural dyes
- Straight relaxed fit
- Curved front pocket openings with trapunto stitching
- Reverse box pleat on front panels
- Two welted back pockets with button through pocket flaps
- Button Fly
- Horn buttons
- Two front and two rear patch pockets
- 32" Inseam
- 9.5" leg opening (flat half measurement), 19" total circumference
- Hand finished and closed seams
Produced in a limited run with exclusive handcrafted fabrics. Due to the nature of the print, each piece is unique. Indigo dyeing is a special process that also requires extra care. Indigo bleeding is normal in naturally dyed garments and after several initial washes, the color will stabilize. Over time, the natural and graceful fading process results in a uniquely personalized piece.
We recommend hand washing in cold water using natural detergents and drying in the shade. Handcrafted garments are designed to last when treated with care.