Akash Chore Coat in Camel Plaid
The Akash chore coat is a functional, versatile and classic outerwear piece. Ours is crafted from sturdy yet soft handwoven yak and merino wool. It has a longer length, a very relaxed fit, and features hand-carved horn buttons.
Yaks are found in the wild in the Ladakh region of India and have been domesticated in Leh Ladakh for thousands of years. They are a very valuable animal in the Himalayan economy. Handwoven at a unique handloom weaving cooperative in a Himalayan mountainside village in Northern India where wool weaving has been practiced for over 5,000 years.
- 100% Handwoven Yak/Merino Wool
- Sustainably dyed using natural dyes
- Standard fit
- Spread collar
- Single patch pocket at chest with button-through flap
- Two lower patch pockets with button-through flap
- Lower pockets feature top and side entry
- Bone buttons
- Clean finished with hand-rolled felled seams
- Straight bottom hem
Produced in a limited run with exclusive handcrafted fabrics. Due to the nature of the print, each piece is unique.
We recommend hand washing in cold water using natural detergents and drying in the shade. Handcrafted garments are designed to last when treated with care.