Work Shirt in Indigo Railroad Stripe
With the same great fit as our Kabir shirt with the addition of two front chest pockets. We used a selvedge edge finish throughout which enhances its uniqueness and durability. All of its details create a garment that is as beautiful on the inside as the outside with hand finished interior seams and special hand stitching along the arm placket.
MATERIALS + PROCESS
Produced using sustainable practices that help improve the livelihoods and welfare of our artisan community makers and reduce the impact on the environment.
- 100% Handwoven cotton
- Naturally Indigo dyed
- Standard fit
- Two welt chest pockets with patch pointed button through flaps
- Welt pocket bags stitched to the body and clean finished edges with bias.
- Spread collar
- Round bottom hem with side slit gusset detail
- Real bone buttons
- Single needle stitching with hand rolled seams
- Selvedge edge of fabric utilized on center back seam, inside front plackets, inside of cuffs and side gussets
- Hand stitched detail on arm placket
- Locker loops on inset into back yoke seam
- Hand finished and closed seams
Indigo dyeing is a special process that also requires extra care. Indigo bleeding is normal in naturally dyed garments and after several initial washes, the color will stabilize. Over time, the natural and graceful fading process results in a uniquely personalized piece. It is advisable to hand wash this garment separately and avoid exposure to direct sunlight as it could lead to premature fading.