Umber & Ochre is a small clothing design studio in San Francisco. We specialize in creating simple, considered products from materials carefully chosen for their impermanent natures.
Everything is designed and prototyped in our S.F. studio, and produced in small batches throughout the U.S.A. or in our own family run factories overseas
Our garments are classic and concise, emphasizing their traditional construction. Authentic details retain their functions and frivolity is trimmed to a minimum.
We exclusively use globally-sourced, all-natural materials of the highest quality that are specially dyed and left untreated to age and develop with time and wear.
The more you wear your Umber & Ochre products, the better they get.
|Mailing Address||440 Brannan St,
San Francisco, CA,
We offer unpaid internships at our San Francisco studio in the fields of Product Development and Merchandising. If you are interested and meet the following requirements, please contact us at email@example.com with a list of your applicable skills and availability.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old
- Located in the SF Bay Area and are able to travel to our studio at 440 Brannan St.
- Able to dedicate a minimum of 10 hours per week for at least 3 months
- Able to scale stairs and lift at least 30lbs
- Basic familiarity with your chosen field
- Fluent in English and ability to express self clearly
Each product has it’s own measurement chart listed below the size selection in a link entitled “Size Info”. This information is as accurate as possible, and we recommend comparing the measurements to a garment you already own.
Because of the unique nature of our materials, it is important to read the care information before purchasing. This information is listed below the size selection in a link entitled “Care Info”.
Each material used will have its own best care method, but to prevent shrinkage and dye transfer generally wash at low temperature with similar colors and hang dry. Expect colors to crock onto lighter surfaces for the first few wears, and to steadily bleed out over time. This is the nature of our natural dyes and fixatives, and is why the garments continue to evolve over time.
- Shipping fees are non-refundable.
- All orders are shipped in the order they are received.
- Shipping hours are: Monday–Friday, 12am–5pm PST
- Please allow up to 3 days for your orders to ship, regardless of shipping speed, as some of our items are made to order.
- We primarily use USPS or UPS to ship our orders. FedEx is available under certain circumstances. You must contact Umber & Ochre for any special requests.
- The shipping rate is calculated by weight of the product and the delivery address.
- You will be sent a tracking number when your shipping label prints, please allow up to 12 hours for tracking information to be updated.
- Once your order leaves Umber & Ochre, it is out of our control. For questions and concerns about shipping, please contact the carrier.
- Umber & Ochre will not be responsible for any items lost during shipping.
- Merchandise that has been used or altered will not be accepted for return or exchange.
- Returns and exchanges will be accepted within 30 days of the delivery confirmation date. If there is a price difference you will be contacted for your payment information.
- All returns packages should be insured. There will be no refunds on items damaged in shipping. You must file a claim with the carrier.
- We do not reimburse shipping costs.
- Your account will be refunded within 3–10 days of receipt of your item.
HOW TO RETURN AN ITEM:
- Please include a note specifying if you want to return or exchange the item.
- Send item to:
Umber & Ochre
440 Brannan St,
San Francisco, CA,
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs .
- To improve our website We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you .
- To improve customer service Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.